are you to be removed from the voter registration list?
Both federal and state law require election officials to conduct list maintenance on registration records where the person has died or moved to a different address. Georgia law specifically requires elections officials to remove registration records that have been in “inactive” status for two general elections and have had no contact with election officials during that time.
your action, if needed:
- Anyone can search the list of registrations that are subject to cancellation. Only information that is public pursuant to state law is included.
- The list of registrations subject to cancellation can be viewed here: https://sos.ga.gov/admin/uploads/2019_NGE_List.xlsx
- If your name is on the list and you are still an eligible Georgia voter, you can simply update your registration at http://registertovote.sos.ga or contact your county elections office. You may also respond to the confirmation card that will be included with the notice, but keep in mind that the notice is mailed to your last known address of your voter registration, which may not be accurate if you have moved and not updated your registration. Any registered voter can check their registration information to confirm it is accurate and up-to-date at https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov.
- For additional information and action, contact the Camden County Elections & Registration Staff at 912-576-3245.
(of all ages and for any reason)
You can request an absentee ballot for the March 2020 Presidential Primary NOW!
An absentee ballot request form may be obtained:
- by calling the Camden County Board of Registrar at (912) 576-3245
- or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org